Record sound from computer, not external mic

Hi-
I want to record the sound directly from my computer, not from my microphone. Is there a way to do that?

Me too! I can only record external sound and even when it is quiet here, the sound quality is terrible.

You could record system audio using Audacity simultaneously and then import that audio file afterwards.

Hi Jeannine:
I have had this problem when I attempted to record myself singing using karaoke music. You just can’t use the same computer. That’s why you’ll see artists with headphones singing so they hear the music and the microphone picks up their voice.

Now I have used Zoom before and recorded my teaching session with sound being allowed to play from the computer, and that worked in that program. If you did that you could bring that saved clip into WeVideo and do your editing here.

I hope that this answered your question.

Thanks everyone - I ended up using Screen-Cast-O-Matic and uploading it into WeVideo. I just wanted to make sure there wasn’t some work around that I wasn’t aware of.

I agree. It would be nice if the screen recording gave the option to record the system sound (I. E. Computer sound) like Camtasia does.

Theoretically, it’s tricky yet possible. You just need to make sure your setup is working correctly and the software you choose can detect your soundcard. But I haven’t tried it myself, I have divided sound channels only for educational streams before so I’m not sure if this works for recording as well.

Well, I don’t know anything about the conditions you’re working in, but I suppose it’s quite far from perfect. I have some experience in organizing an improvised audio studio, but that’s not quite on topic.
Back to your problem, you might try to improve the quality of your records using this tutorial. Hope this helps Jennifer!